Sunday 19 May 2013

Week 1 Complete

Congratulations to my fellow 12wbters! In a few hours, we will have made it through Week 1!

I am currently enjoying my rest day which, I can honestly say, has been well deserved this week. I've stuck to the nutrition plans and I've completed 6 straight days of exercise, ending with the SSS or Super Saturday Session or Shit Seriously Stop or today's acronym, Sore So Sore.

It took me about 90 minutes to complete and I cannot move today. My calves feel like overfilled water balloons and I'm scared to bend my leg in case they burst! I'm currently sitting on my super soft, pillow top mattress as this is the only place I can find in the house to sit where my bottom doesn't ache!! I had grand plans to get a tonne of housework done but I couldn't even lift my arms to tie my hair up this morning. I know, I know....

Time for a concrete smoothie to harden up!

I also completed my shopping for Week 2 yesterday. I cut down my shopping bill a little by shopping at local businesses. I live equal distances from Sydney and Wollongong so I was able to buy a lot from local farmers, butchers and fish markets. It's a lot fresher and it tastes so much better. My laziness had previously made me accept the flavourless and expensive supermarket produce. It's worth the couple of extra hours of running around. My supermarket shop fit in a basket.

I swapped quite a few of the meals around for the coming week. I've only recently been forcing myself to try seafood and I'm quite picky about it. The fish stew did not appeal to me at all so I swapped that out. I'm also really, really struggling with breakfasts. After not eating breakfast for over half of my life, I find it hard to stomach food in the morning and only ever get through a couple of bites. I'm not the biggest fan of muesli type things as they all taste like wet cardboard to me! I am totally hanging out for that laksa on Friday, though! I looooove laksa! Nom nom nom.

What did everyone have for their cheat meal last night? 

I had a 7 course French degustation :S Not a regular weekly thing by any means; it was a very special occasion. I only ate a small salad during the day, but I'm sure I probably exceeded 1200 cals overall :( I'm not going to beat myself up about it. It was a one off. I worked out super hard in the morning, I didn't eat much during the day, and I'm back on the wagon today. Move on. 

Here are some more photos from Week 1
This pizza was SO filling. It was nice to be able to say "I ate a whole pizza by myself" without hearing little pig squeals in my head! Oink oink...

My favourite part of the workouts! ;)

Saw this in the supermarket yesterday and nearly vomited into my own basket. Next to these, you could buy cartons of ready to pour omelette! Bleuuurgghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Call me what you will, but how hard is it to crack an egg? I've noticed myself taking way more notice of the nutritional panels on food products. The amount of sugar and salt that is hidden in the unlikeliest of products is just disgusting. Processed food is so friggin' evil!!! I think one of the best things about the 12wbt is that the recipes are so simple, easy to follow and TASTY. Goes to show that it doesn't take that much more effort to prepare a fresh, healthy meal than to pop some "chicken" nuggets in the oven.

Now, I don't have any children, but I work a demanding full time job, have a partner and dog to take care of and a household to run. I don't get a massive amount of spare time and this program is currently taking up a lot of it; but it's totally doable. Even at this early stage, I can't stomach the thought of eating another canned soup or Lean Cuisine. I might as well drink a cup of sea water.

I think I shall invest in one of those heart monitor thingys that shows calories burnt. Would be interesting to see what I'm actually burning because I feel like I'm totally killing myself! I actually feel that  the 12wbt videos and exercise plans give me a far more intense workout than my PT currently does. There's $650 well spent :S Oh well, only 5 more sessions left and then I'm on my own.

This week also marked 4 months until my wedding. Eeeeeeep! 

All the best for Week 2, everyone! xo


3 comments:

  1. You're allowed to have a whinge every now and then! It sounds like you really gave it a good crack this week!

    It's great being able to go to local markets and such. I haven't tried our local butcher yet though but that's a good idea. I hope that breakfast starts to grow on you a little bit more but I feel the same way about most muesli type things.

    I hope that your degustation was amazing! You're right, you shouldn't beat yourself up about it; you're not meant to put your life on hold for the program. Also that scrambled egg looks so gross!! I can't believe that it exists!

    Also... 4 months until your wedding!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is disgusting. I just get my 3yo to crack eggs... kids are not an excuse not to cook.. they are a reason to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when I saw your pic from the Mish Bridges workout video - I feel your pain! I couldn't believe how tough it was, good though :)
    Definitely invest in a HRM if you can (you should get a discount through the 12WBT site), I think they're a great way to push yourself and stay motivated during a workout.

    ReplyDelete