Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 3

If someone suggested to me about a month ago that I would be waking up in the dark and going to the gym before work (but not before fixing myself a boiled egg!), I would've secretly harboured some serious concerns for their mental health. But here I am, doing it!

I was exhausted and crippled before I even set foot on the treadmill this morning. Now it only hurts when i stand, sit or breathe :P I pushed through and somehow made it through an hour of cardio. I've been noticing that on the days I don't have a trainer, I've been pushing myself a lot harder than I normally would with no one watching. It was previously "what's that, body? You've had enough? Ok let's go home and soothe those aching muscles with a nice, hot pizza".

I made the Vietnamese chicken wrap today and it was delicious. Even my partner liked it! I really can't stop raving about the food. All of the recipes so far have been quick, easy and, surprisingly, satisfying! I'm discovering that I might not actually need to eat a ute full of ice cream after dinner (don't forget the Ice Magic) in order to keep living!

I accidentally buggered up the dinner as I didn't read the recipe properly. I knew the meal plan said I was having stroganoff tonight and again for lunch tomorrow, but assumed the recipe was for 4 serves, as was the case with the chicken soup. I was supposed to double the recipe. Whoops. I wondered why there were extra beans and mushys in the fridge. Oh well.

I measured out the dry pasta and had some real trouble believing 15 little tubes were going to feed 2 hungry people. My Nonna buys pasta in 10kg bags. Seriously! WTF was this poor excuse for a portion? I was quickly proved wrong. The whole dish was extremely filling, so much so that I felt guilty! For the avoidance of any doubt, I did only eat 1 portion, not both!!!! I boiled up another portion of pasta and just threw some veggies to make up for tomorrow's lunch.

Day 3 Dinner

Today is also weigh in day. Or at least it was meant to be. I stepped on the scales this morning and they just said "Lo". Had I lost so much weight that the scales couldn't even detect me? Alas, it was just a flat battery. One more thing to add to the next giant shopping list coming our way at 10am tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Haha. Your posts make me giggle.
    Fingers crossed by the end of this thing, all our scales will be saying "Lo".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes! We'll have to weigh ourselves on our food scales ;)

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you've been pushing yourself without a trainer!! Good work!

    The stroganoff and the chicken wraps were a real hit here too :)

    Maybe your scales were just saying hello to you in slang. Not very helpful but maybe a little friendly? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the single most enjoyable 12wbt blog post I have read -- and I have read a hundred at least. No wonder your blog found its way into my primary bookmarks (all the other 12wbt blogs are grouped together, but yours is right up on my toolbar).

    Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cass! I am very honoured :)

      Delete