Thursday 16 May 2013

Day 4

I now realise why Michelle recommends training first thing in the morning. There's sooooo much room for things to get in your way in the evening. I had it all planned. I was going to leave work, get my eyebrows done, come home, do my workout video and make dinner. Ha!

There was an enormous fatal accident on the semi-rural road I use to get to and from work and they had blocked it in both directions and diverted all traffic onto some dirt road in the middle of the frigging bush where a hundred cars sat in the dark for 45 minutes waiting for the Police to stop traffic so we could re-join another main road. Then, of course, my amazing sense of direction and I got totally disoriented and accidentally started driving back to work (look, I'm good at OTHER things, OK?! :P). So, I pulled over and called my partner and started crying because it was cold and dark and I was tired and I didn't know where I was and I missed my beautician appointment and, as a result, would have to spend the next week looking like Bert and/or Ernie. 2 hours, 3 motorways and some toll money later, I made it home. Phew!

The point of this story is that this is where I'd ordinarily let the excuses in. It's late, I'm cranky, I'm tired, I can't be bothered and only fried rice and lemon chicken can comfort me right now. Oh and a shopping bag full of artificially pink prawn chips. But I surprised myself. I got in the door, albeit very pissed off at the world, changed into my gear and did the Mish on Possible video while my partner cooked our salmon stir fry! I was over it before I even pressed play, but once I got into it, I felt good! Helped upper cut some of my shitty mood out of myself. Oh and dinner was yum!


After 4 straight days of training, I am feeling the coveted burn in muscles I didn't even know I owned. If I do one more plank, I think I'm going to face plant myself into the carpet and be unable to get up for a week. 2 more days till rest day. I'm banking on this getting easier each week!

I also downloaded my meal plan and shopping list for next week. As this is my first time, I'm learning a few things the hard way, like how to read a bloody recipe properly. I realised today, rather unfortunately, that I went shopping last Saturday and was so eager to buy everything that I didn't have any regard to the fact that I wouldn't be eating some of the ingredients for a week from then. Must remember to do a mini shop mid-week for things like meat and seafood or else it will spoil. My little Staffy is eating like a prince this week. Expensive lesson!

And finally, to those who subscribe to my scales' subliminal messages - I replaced the battery today. When I stood on them, it just said "Err". My scale is giving me a complex! I think I'll put it in the cupboard and just bring it out on Wednesdays. Otherwise, I have this compulsion to weigh myself every time I get a tissue out if the bathroom or brush my teeth. Perhaps this is what the scale is trying to tell me - "Errrrr, same as 5 minutes ago?".




2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day you had! Great effort to fit in the exercise at the end of it all and to bypass the pink prawn crackers! Well done indeed. I look forward to following your journey. Hope the days ahead are smoother for you. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete